[opendtv] Re: Speaking Of Mobile...

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 06:18:18 -0500

At 9:07 PM -0800 1/10/08, Kon Wilms wrote:

The iPhone/Touch/Pod only supports 480/576p max on component output.
Maybe you have some new device from the future :-).

Sorry, it was in the language of the investment community, a forward looking statement.

The reality is that this happens all the time with iPods and music - many clubs have iPod nights where patrons provide the playlists. I understand that this is different than video, but the notion that I will be able to take my media with me and use the best display possible is quite realistic, especially if I just downloaded a movie and head over to my girlfriends house to watch it...

And yes that was just an example, not reality, having been married for 34 years...

;-)

No doubt you could use any bit bucket to carry entertainment bits around. But the companies that make it easy to use your media the way YOU want to are likely to succeed. Most consumers are not "Nerds like us!"