[opendtv] Re: Speaking Of Mobile...

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 20:20:10 -0500

I think there is use for mobile. But it has to compete with huge collections of movies on things like flash memory.

If you only have wide screen CIF resolution movies you could probably put 50 or more of them on a $70 16GB pen drive with fairly good quality. And anybody ripping their DVD collections could fill those up fairly easily, maybe courtesy of Blockbuster.

- Tom

dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx wrote:
The first time I saw one of M. Night Shyamalan's movies (I forget the name, the one with the crop circles) was on a transatlantic flight using a very small screen in the back of the seat. I thought the movie had no tension and was disappointed. It even distracted me from the meaning of the story. I later saw the film on a larger screen in my living room. I felt the tension and thought differently about the movie. Truly, Mr. Lynch is quite correct. However, I am glad those long flights have the little screens and they play movies on them! There are good reasons to have mobile video even if it does degrade the experience.

Dan Grimes

--
Tom Barry                  trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx