[opendtv] Re: Quirks on the ATSC STBs

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 15:32:46 -0400

Dan,

You can turn off the auto power down function.

From page 12 of the manual:

"Use "Function->Time->Power Down" menu to change the auto power down time. If no remote control button is pressed during specified time duration, receiver will be automatically turned off. If "Off" is selected, the auto power down function will be disabled."

The auto power down was a requirement for Coupon eligibility.

John

----- Original Message ----- From: <dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx>

I noticed a few quirks about the Digital Stream ATSC STB. The most recent
one that got me was that while using it to tune into a sporting event  and
taping it on my VCR, the auto shutoff engaged about 5 hours later.