[opendtv] Re: News: The Internet revolution is about to be televised

  • From: Kon Wilms <kon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 11:07:10 -0800

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 10:23 -0800, Ralph P. Manfredo wrote:
> For some reason your email keep arriving with either misspellings as in the
> first sentence below, but also with =20 embedded in he text.  It makes it
> difficult to read.  Only your emails seem to have this problem.  All others
> are OK with the recent exception of a couple emails from Prasad where the
> email looked like a binary dump.  Any idea what is causing this?  BTW, I use
> Outlook 2003.

I use Evolution - same problem. Craig is using a Mac so there's the
first indicator of trouble (sorry, couldn't resist). Prashant seems to
like to BASE64 encode his replies and then post those to the list. Out
of curiosity I decoded one but there was no secret message contained
within. Drat.

I notice Craig's messages come through incorrectly when his message's
mime charset type is set to iso-8859-1 and come through correctly when
set to us-ascii. I deduce that Craig uses multiple email composers and
one of them is getting whacked with the bit-stick when passing through
his host/freelist 's servers.

Cheers
Kon