[opendtv] Re: News: NBC chief says Apple 'destroyed' music pricing

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 22:16:38 -0400

John Willkie wrote:
b---s--t.

Please provide the names of the "various GM executives" that have "been
indicted and convicted" of anti-trust activities that distorted the market.
It wasn't true when when you were in college, and it's isn't true now.

No idea. Though I thought the treasurer had to pay 1$ but a couple of the companies involved had to pay $5000 apiece, the max at the time.

GM at one time had a 50% share of the U.S. car market.  Now, they're at
about 15%.  Have you tried to buy an Oldsmobile lately?

No, but my daughter bought a new Chevy last week.

You were speaking -- although you appear ignorant of it -- of the 1947 LA
CIVIL suit over the LA Red car trolley lines.  GM lost: they had to pay $1.

I was thinking of UNITED STATES V. NATIONAL CITY LINES. Is that the same case?

(I once covered transit as a reporter, and I think transit is a good idea,
but the major problem with transit in California is that PUC regulations
from 1906 require transit companies to maintain the streets they travel in,
with the area defined as all the area within three feet of the outside
tracks.  GM didn't EVEN EXIST IN 1906.

I'm glad we both agree that 1906 was not previously mentioned.

And, giving a reference to that site just shows you are a deluded conspiracy
lunatic.
Childish name calling again. It was the first descriptive link I found on Google. I was looking for description, not proof. You can look up the case yourself.

Here's a few gems from that page:
1.  911 was an inside job (inside the planes, I suspect they don't mean) and
Dick Cheney plans another attack on the west
2.  Eugencist Prince Philip ordered the assassination of Princess Diana
3.  the 7/7 London bombs were planted by Muslim-killing Israelis

These things are pure, utter, lunatic fantasies.  You are exposed.  Again.

I didn't link to those or bother to browse the rest of the site.

John Willkie

P.S.  You have previously been on this GM thread on this list, and you were
established to be false in your understanding.  You either have no memory of
this, or you have no intellectual honesty.  Please advise.

No, actually I do not recall that. Feel free to furnish a link to the list archives post where I was proved wrong if that actually exists.

- Tom