[opendtv] Re: News: NBC chief says Apple 'destroyed' music pricing

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 07:54:01 -0500

At 10:06 AM -0700 10/31/07, John Willkie wrote:
Though the USA car companies now have to compete internationally and
have fallen on hard times recently.  Many monopolies peak in power after
coming to the public eye invokes government involvement.

If the entertainment industry follows the same model they are in serious
trouble.
Not sure if we want the entertainment industry to follow the auto industry lead...

Have you ever watched Japanese TV?

;-)

Seriously. Try getting a show onto a broadcast network, or any multi-channel distribution system.

Then try to tell me that we do not have content and distribution oligopolies working together to control competition and to inflate the price U.S. citizens pay for their entertainment fixes...