[opendtv] Re: News: If There's a High-Definition TV in Your Future, Wait Till After the Holidays

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 07:28:17 -0400

At 12:45 PM -0400 9/3/07, Bob Miller wrote:
I now have a 1080P (VPL VW50 Sony) front projector and will be
comparing it to the 63" plasma at the same distance but with at least
100". The 63" was amazingly better than the 50" as you begin to get
closer to the theater experience.

YUP. You need a sharp image on a large screen that can be viewed from a comfortable distance to get it right. My guess is that the Sony projector a screen diagonal of about 80 inches witll be "just right" for your viewing distance.