[opendtv] Re: Is 'Fair Use' in Peril?

  • From: "Gary Hughes" <ghughes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 13:48:45 -0500

> Craig Birkmaier
> Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 10:09 AM
>=20
> This is in essence what they do now. The only enhancement to this=20
> with Tivo is that you can press a button that fast forwards in 30=20
> second increments. I do not know of any PVR that automatically skips=20
> commercials, but it is possible that someone has done this.

FWIW, ReplayTV has always had the 'skip 30 seconds' button. Some recent
models have a function that will automatically skip ads when playing
back previously recorded content which works surpisingly well. I believe
this was removed from newer models under legal duress.

gary

This email message and any files transmitted with it contain =
confidential information intended only for the person(s) to whom this =
email message is addressed. If you have received this email message in =
error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or email and =
destroy the original message without making a copy. Thank you.