[opendtv] Re: Hulu Reaches Content Deal For FX Original Series | Multichannel

  • From: Albert Manfredi <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2014 19:46:36 -0500

Craig wrote:

> The deal covers both Hulu Plus and Hulu. Plus subscribers get earlier access
> than the free Hulu service.

> This is not an example of content migrating to alternative pipes. It IS an
> example of how exclusive content produced for the extended basic bundle,
> migrates to exclusive secondary distribution via new middlemen, just as
> broadcast network programming migrates to Netflix and global syndication.
This is an example of how Craig redefines words to try to wiggle out of his
misstatements.

Craig, I told you for a long time that "the bundle" content was migrating out
of that "exclusive" bundle, even for current programming. You wiggle and squirm
to say it isn't so, "will never happen," and yet it happens. It happened with
Amazon carrying The Walking Dead, it's happening here with FX, and it's been
happening with other "the bundle" content too, over Hulu Plus and Hulu, and I
listed several examples in the past.

The word "exclusive" means you can't get it anywhere else. At least, not for
until after a long delay. Now you can. The Internet now permits this
alternative distribution method to exist, and consumers demand it.
Give it a rest, Craig. TVE is the old scheme, a technical anachronism. Content
owners are past that already.