[opendtv] Hulu Reaches Content Deal For FX Original Series | Multichannel

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OpenDTV Mail List <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 09:27:56 -0500

Gotta love it.

An exclusive deal with Hulu to air shows that were exclusive to the extended
basic bundle...

http://www.multichannel.com/news/ott/hulu-reaches-content-deal-fx-original-series/386402

Hulu Reaches Content Deal For FX Original Series

Hulu will stream seasons of several FX Networks’ series as part of a major
distribution deal with Twentieth Century Fox Television Distribution, the
over-the-top streaming service announced Thursday.

The deal includes streaming access to the FX Productions-produced freshman
seasons of FX original series The Strain (pictured), Tyrant,  Married, and
You’re the Worst, which will become available exclusively to Hulu Plus
subscribers in advance of their second season premieres. Subsequent seasons of
the shows will also be featured exclusively on Hulu, said company officials.

Current season FX Networks series will remain available via the FXNOW app to
authenticated subscribers, said FX.

Future FX Networks’ series that will be exclusive to Hulu in the SVOD window
include the comedy series Man Seeking Woman, The Comedians,
Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll, Taboo and Baskets, said Hulu officials.

“Our new partnership with Hulu is a milestone that we have been building toward
for the past decade,” said Eric Schrier, president of original programming for
FX Networks and FX Productions. “This landmark deal speaks to the quality of
the FX roster of original series as well as the importance and growth of our
in-house production unit FXP.  This partnership is an integral component to our
future and will allow us to continue to expand our original programming
offerings.”