[opendtv] Re: Global warming - was A Station Group with a Future

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 10:32:29 -0500

Bob Miller wrote:

> "clever"? Anthopomorhism again. No such thing exist.
> It is not "self regulating".

Don't be absurd, Bob. The ecosystem would not have survived 4.6 billion
years if it weren't self regulating. That it is self-regulating is not
even in doubt. The only thing in doubt is to what extent the system can
stand abuse.

> As we eliminate the particulate pollution  problem
> or even level it off we find/will find, it is suggested,
> that this particle pollution has masked the far more
> lethal problem of global warming from CO2.

It regulates itself. The extra CO2 encourages the growth of plant life.
The plant life absorbs the CO2 and cools the planet. Particulate
pollution encourages rain clouds to form, which in turn cause rain and
clean out the particulates and encourage plant growth.

All of this works as a system with feedback controls. The only question
is how far you can go before the system goes unstable.

> It is amazing how you can spin a story that is truly
> apocalyptic in its account of a world run amok and talk
> of clever balancing mechanisms.

Oh, BS.