[opendtv] Re: Did Apple Just Crush the Next Revolution?

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 16:04:50 -0400

At 8:00 AM -0700 6/21/11, dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Cliff wrote:
"A really bright iPhone in a dark theater can negate all this very quickly."

Craig responded:
"That's a stretch."

I've got to agree with Cliff on the annoyance of bright devices in the theater.

But truly, Craig is not alone with the annoyance of the promos and ads BEFORE the 15 minutes of previews. And they are at such a ridiculous volume.

Remember the days when we used to talk to each other before a movie (or other event) started?

Dan

Thanks Dan.

I do not disagree that phones can be a distraction in a theater.

But timing is everything. Getting annoyed about a phone during commercials is the stretch I was talking about.