[opendtv] Re: Did Apple Just Crush the Next Revolution?

  • From: Mark Schubin <tvmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 17:59:47 -0400

Actually, to the extent that there is any standardization, the pre-show ads (not the trailers) are normally run 10 dB below the movie sound level.

TTFN,
Mark

On 6/21/2011 11:00 AM, dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx wrote:

Cliff wrote:
"A really bright iPhone in a dark theater can negate all this very quickly."

Craig responded:
"That's a stretch."

I've got to agree with Cliff on the annoyance of bright devices in the theater.

But truly, Craig is not alone with the annoyance of the promos and ads BEFORE the 15 minutes of previews. And they are at such a ridiculous volume.

Remember the days when we used to talk to each other before a movie (or other event) started?

Dan