[opendtv] Re: Bob likes COFDM

  • From: Jay Cordova <arteffects@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 16:47:28 -0500

It may have no impact, but others have mentioned many times the cable/sat
figures (as below) don't include the many people with TV's in their houses
not hooked up to sat/cable (I've certainly got one), small portable TVs for
use in emergencies (electricity it out, CABLE/SAT is out, SAT is not
received during tornado warnings, etc) - as well as the small portable TVs
that Stephen mentioned many carry to football games.

It's been mentioned before, but what about that weather warning angle? My
DirecTV is frequently out during tornado warnings. What do I do -  take my
(non-existent, right) portable ATSC TV outside to get updates? Or am I back
to pre-television days where it's radio only for severe weather updates?

Your guess is much better than mine as to whether issues like these will
amount to anything in the "outcry" department.

Best Regards,
Jay