[opendtv] Re: Bob likes COFDM

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OpenDTV (E-mail)" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 15:06:41 -0500

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

> Do we give the energy industry the oil, coal and
> natural gas that is located under our public lands?
> No.

Do we allow the trucking industry free use of public
roads? Yes.

> IT is not a question of whether the technology
> works, it is a question of the content offer not
> being competitive.

It's the same content offered by DBS and cable. Just
less of it. I think you're overstating this business
model stuff. The main difference is quantity of
choice, and DTT can address that part to a degree.

OTA and DBS are fairly close together now, in terms
of viewership. OTA is certainly greater than DBS in
terms of connected sets. DTT can keep FOTA going,
even if its only difference comparted with NTSC is
to add some more choice.