[opendtv] Re: BBC Demonstrates HDTV Broadcasts over SD Channels

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 14:41:42 -0400

John,

Again, I point you to the infamous Table A3 of A/53c and note that 704 x 480
at all frame rates is valid with either 16x9 or 4x3 formatting.

We at our station are now shooting projects in 16x9 standard definition.  We
are not transmitting 16x9 SD subchannels (yet) on our ATSC DTV channel, but
could if we so desired.

John