[opendtv] Re: BBC Demonstrates HDTV Broadcasts over SD Channels

  • From: <tjharvey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 13:26:07 -0400

What is wrong with good component digital 16X9 SD? 16X9 SD has many virtues:

1) It saves transmission bandwidth.

2) It looks a lot better than NTSC (if done correctly).

I do not care to see the station's virtual studio in more detail. Nor do I care
to see the DV25 NEWS ENG artifacts and noise more clearly.

Why do we always have to equate HD with 16X9??

Terry