[opendtv] Re: Analysis: Should Apple Buy Hollywood?

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 16:38:39 -0500

 That's just from the first two pages of listings for LCD computer
 monitors at Best Buy

Don't be disingenuous, Craig. These are only very small monitors that no one hardly buys anymore.

Sorry Bert. You were PROVEN wrong.

Now stop equivocating.

Exactly. The current iPad is obsolescent, as I thought when they came out with the antique aspect ratio. The next iPad, just like the current Kindle Fire, without much doubt, will go to something wider. The Kindle Fire is about 1.66:1 aspect ratio. The better to watch movies with.

Wrong again. The aspect ratio of these devices is driven by MANY applications including book readers; video windows just fine into a 1.66:1 display. You will not see a change in the aspect ratio of the iPAD or the Kindle.

Still, these are portable devices. They have to worry about ease of portability. And yet, my bet is that phones and pads will migrate to 16:9, just as all the other monitors and TVs have done.

Clearly this statement is not accurate.