[opendtv] Re: A Clue as to number of OTA DTV users

  • From: Steve Wilson <stevenjwilson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 13:53:05 -0500

I tend to agree with this as well...assuming the reception is good. Cable companies are going to be milking the market with their fees for some time to come while new delivery services continue to improve.

"We also find that consumers aren't willing to pay additional fees for a
digital set-top box or for a monthly HD service fee. That is something
that really turns them off. So they are willing to buy the set, but when
it comes to ponying up another $10 or $15 per month, they kind of draw
the line and say it's not quite worth it."

So, from what this article says, we can expect OTA usership to go up, as
people buy HDTV sets with built-in ATSC receiver.