[openbeosnetteam] Re: our package

  • From: Philippe Houdoin <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 10:49:56 +0200

Quoting Waldemar Kornewald <Waldemar.Kornewald@xxxxxx>:

> Hi,
> our package does not contain the etc files like "protocols". As most R5 users
> do not have those files updated, they should be installed automatically with
> the package. I do not know how to do that, but maybe one of you does?

Yes, seems to be time to improve our package as it seems that more and more
people try or want to try installing our stack.

I'll add these /etc files to the package, but I really don't want to overwrite
any preinstalled files, /etc/protocols & co included. BONE/Zeta/Dano users have
some of them, for example.

So, if someone know how to specify our own-made install.sh script instead of
package default one, please share with us! ;-)

Until, I guess I'll simply add a INSTALL.html to describe installation steps.
And place all files than can conflict with existing ones under the package
Desktop/haiku-networkingkit-cvs folder, letting the user installing them
*after*  he take notice of the INSTALL.html warning...

- Philippe Houdoin