[openbeosnetteam] Re: our package

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 14:30:23 +0200 CEST

"Waldemar Kornewald" <Waldemar.Kornewald@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hrrm, we can put it on our TODO list, but I think it is already well-
> placed at /etc.
> Which of those files would you like to see in home/config/etc, too?

For now (for the testing packages), I would like to see all of them
somewhere else than /etc. I like Philippe's suggestion - that would
solve the issue with only little collateral damage :)

> We have
> protocols   - makes no sense to allow overriding it by the user
> services    - well, I do not think this is necessary
> resolv.conf    - that one might be useful
> networks    - should not be needed

Personally, I would like "protocols" to disappear completely and the
rest should go into a settings directory, like:
B_USER_SETTINGS_DIRECTORY/network/ (for now B_COMMON_SETTINGS_DIRECTORY
should be the better choice).

Bye,
   Axel.