[openbeos-midi] mpu401 module

  • From: Crain Greg <greg.crain@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 09:20:15 -0500

First off, Congrats on the 1st milestone achievement!

I am currently working on a midi port driver for the Audigy.  I am having some
trouble with the mpu401 module.   I haven't found much documentation on it, and
the only sample code that uses it I can find is the Sonic Vibes source.  I am
basically trying to follow the same method.  I can get the module, load it, and
create a device.  The problem is, as soon as the midi port is opened, the
computer completely freezes and never makes it beyond the open hook.  I've had
no problems using the pci and gameport modules.

I see that the hardware support is still a ways off, but has there been much
investigation into the mpu401 module and what is happening inside it?  Is there
any experience with using it?

Thanks,
Greg Crain