[openbeos-midi] Re: mpu401 module

  • From: "Matthijs Hollemans" <matthijs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 10:27:11 +0100

> The source code for both these kernel modules is
> NOT available, only their public API (see midi_driver.h,
> thanks sample-code!). So, they would have to be
> rewritten for OBOS R1 too.

Uh oh, more work ;-) But I guess we don't necessarily need to
rewrite these kernel modules in order to make the midi_server talk
to the drivers. They are really just a convenience to the people who
are writing the drivers. Still, it looks like the driver support
will be a tough one. Fun fun fun. Thanks for the explanation,
Phillipe.

Matthijs