[ola] Re: Thoughts on integrating grammar concepts (or not)

  • From: Heather Pineault <heather_pineault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 12:39:59 -0500

Yes -- I agree on the grammar, but in doing the "give directions" about how
to do something you are an expert in, and then also include things not to
do to avoid the pitfalls, they are "covering grammar" (commands).  It is a
way to embed grammar in to something they love to do -- tell each other how
to do things.  And I agree, too, that this can be done by modeling lots of
examples, brainstorm with them, etc..

>>> joannac@xxxxxxx