[ola] Re: Food and healthy eating habits

  • From: Call Daniel <dcall@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 22:17:33 +0000

Joanna,
Here are two things that I have recently used or planned on using soon that may
fit the bill:

1.       Lo que comen<http://www.furiamag.com/lo-que-el-mundo-come/> - a series
of photos (no text! Hooray!  Can be used in any language) taken from a recent
book: families from around the world are shown with all the food/drink they
consume in a typical week.  Start with generating lists of what is there, or
what is missing from their diets, then move gradually toward evaluating overall
quality of diet/nutrition, and possibly speculating on causes and effects of
this type of diet.

2.       A Spanish Language infographic on Anorexia - I edited the original
graphic to cover up the girl (too provocative for my kids), as well as the
small section on sexuality and anorexia.  I'm planning a few reading strategy
exercises around this piece.

Hope these help out.
Dan Call