[ola] Re: Food and healthy eating habits

  • From: Heather Pineault <heather_pineault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 22:48:05 -0400

I just did a similar unit but in French. I found a ton of authentic info on
line searching in French "healthy diets", "food pyramid", "food pyramid and
kids", "nutrition and kids" "obesity and kids" "healthy snacks and kids".
There was so much that it was overwhelming, but great.  There is a lot out
there from other countries targeting children -- images, charts with
healthy food choices, different versions of the pyramid, etc....   Sorry I
don't have directly links for Spanish, but if you search some of these
ideas in Spanish, hopefully you will find things as quickly as I did.  You
may even find different pyramids from the different Spanish speaking
countries.

Our overarching theme (EQ) was "What is a healthy diet?  And can everybody
have a healthy diet (why / why not)?"  Then within that, do we as
individuals have healthy diets...etc...  The second question was great in
terms of thinking about why some people may not have the option --- cost,
stores in the area, local natural resources, etc...
Heather

JPEG image