[obol] seawatch gull counts

  • From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 16:58:18 -0700

Diane and I definitely shorted our gull counts, partly because at the Florence
jetties with a west wind, half or more of the gull movement is not across the
jetties at all, it is along the bluff face a quarter-mile east - behind the
observers.  I suspect that there is a good updraft there. Thousands of Cals
moved along there all day but even a wily old bureaucrat like me can't watch in
two directions at once.
.
.
Alan Contreras