[obol] Re: [eBird Alert] Oregon Rare Bird Alert <daily>

  • From: Tim Rodenkirk <garbledmodwit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Autumn207@xxxxxxxxxxx" <Autumn207@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Oregon Birders OnLine <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 13:22:51 -0700 (PDT)

Swainson's Thrushes in early April- I am surprised this made it onto the rare
bird alert? I would think that whoever covers Benton County would have caught
this one.

Of course once a sighting like this makes it into eBird it could pass as a new
early spring date for OR and could cause a lot of confusion with less
experienced birders and result in quite a few more Swainson's being reported in
the next few days.  Our earliest Coos date is the last few days of April.

It will be interesting to see when the first C. Nighthawks get reported...

Tim R
Coos Bay

________________________________
Date: April 9, 2014 4:09:22 AM PDT