[obol] Re: coastal Sooty Grouse

  • From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Lars Norgren <larspernorgren@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 12:31:13 -0700

I have been birding Coos pretty hard for the last 15 years and this is a
first for me.  Let's just say that they are less regular on the beach than
say, Tropical Kingbirds or Red-necked Stints : )  I have never seen them or
heard them away from the Coast Range and there i generally have them
above1,500'- at least here in Coos County. The north coast may be
different.  I know they have Gray Jays close to the coast- we do not, may
have something to do with the mountains being much further inland here than
up north.

Merry October,
Tim

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 10:12 AM, Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren@xxxxxxxxx