[obol] Seaside afternoon

  • From: Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 12:51:28 -0700

   Before going to Finley yesterday (Monday 10/9) I made a sidetrip to the
Neccanicum estuary. Neawanna Ponds had 4 Hooded Mergs, one a drake in full
alternate plumage. Two Shovelors with a few Mallards. Passarines conspicuous in
their absence. Lots of grasshoppers.
    Lake Stanley had 39 Greater White-fronted Geese, one Cackling Goose and a
flyover Pipit.
    There were about 25 American Wigeon at Little Beach. No shorebirds evident
anywhere, albeit full high tide when I arrived, no call of Killdeer or
Yellowlegs. Lars