[obol] Re: coastal Sooty Grouse

  • From: Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: timrodenkirk@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 13:24:13 -0700

I agree  that their status on the north coast is likely different.  That may be
because there isn't  older evergreen forests adjacent to the ocean further
south?  They seem to be restricted to the remnants of older conifer forest on
the north coast.  I have found them at the wooded area on the Bayocean Spit,
Ecola State Park, and at Cape Meares State Park.

Jeff Gilligan