[obol] Re: Lincoln Co birding 4/19 -- Semi Plover early?

  • From: "Wayne Hoffman" <whoffman@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <llsdirons@xxxxxxx>, <deweysage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 19:33:37 -0700

Hi –

Unfortunately you are right that Yaquina Bay does not get much shorebird use.
One problem is that it lacks good high tide roosting habitat.  The marginal
areas that it does have tend to have high levels of human traffic.  The beach
just south of the South Jetty has potential for high tide roosting, but gets a
lot of human and dog traffic.

I think Siletz Bay gets a bit more shorebird use, but it is much harder to bird.

Wayne