[obol] Re: Lincoln Co birding 4/19

  • From: DJ Lauten and KACastelein <deweysage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 05:53:10 -0700

On 4/21/2014 10:27 PM, Jamie S. (REDACTED: yahoo.com uses DMARC) wrote:

HMSC trail:
Semipalmated Plover - 1 (early?)

Jamie Simmons
Corvallis

Semipalmated Plover is not "early" at this time of year. They are rather common on the beach and have been all month. I suppose if you work on the beach like we do you get used to what is around and don't even really realize what you folks who don't work on the beach every day don't see. Just a little clarification (to tell you the truth, Semi P is a bird you could seen just about any time, albeit they are a lot less common in winter).

Cheers
Dave Lauten