[obol] Re: Lincoln Co birding 4/19

  • From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 10:53:04 -0700

Semis are much more common (numbers) and regular (frequency) in winter from
about Coos Bay southward, as are Western Sandpipers.

--
Alan Contreras

acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx

Eugene, Oregon

From:  Jamie Simmons <sapsuckers@xxxxxxxxx>
Date:  Tuesday, April 22, 2014 10:47 AM
To:  Dave Lauten <deweysage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:  [obol] Re: Lincoln Co birding 4/19

Dave and all,

Not intending to argue, but rather to present facts:
Our sighting of a single Semipalmated Plover was the first reported anywhere
in Lincoln County since September, 2013.
Data sources were 3 robust sources: OBOL, Lincoln County field notes from
The Sandpiper, and eBird.
(I know some of us eBird users--and other birders--report EVERYTHING we
see.)

Thus it seemed worthy of posting, albeit with a question mark.
(Your beach ain't Lincoln County beaches...)

Jamie Simmons
Corvallis