[oagitm] social media policy

  • From: "Mark Decker" <DeckerML@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OAGITM (oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 18:57:19 -0700

Do you have an official policy(s) regarding social media, such as Facebook,
Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.?  If so, I would very much appreciate receiving a copy.
 There are several facets of social media we're looking at:

1) Business use of social media, such as:
   a)  Publishing or moderating content on an "official" agency Facebook site,
to communicate with the public.
   b)  Consuming social media content for business reasons, such as HR
background checks, police investigation, etc.
   c)  Using social media tools for internal communication, such as internal
IM, blogs and forums, etc.

2) Personal use of social media, such as:
   a) accessing a personal Facebook or Twitter account via agency computers.
   b) maintaining a LinkedIn page which is career-related and mentions agency
business, but is not necessarily business-related.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Mark L. Decker
CIO / Technology Director