[oagitm] Re: confidential employees?

  • From: "Tom Frey" <TFrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Murray Paolo" <paolom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 12:45:01 -0800

The term  "confidential" employees for the sake of collective bargaining
has a specific mean for Marion County.

At Marion County just having access to confidential data does not meet
the criteria of a confidential employee. IT have two employees(Oracle
developers - HR module responsibilities) in the confidential unit that
assist with contract negotiations by providing advanced data analysis
and scenario development for the negotiation team. There are other
criteria for our confidential unit that apply mainly to HR staff and a
few others.

For our IT staff we have them all sign a confidentiality agreement that
covers the improper use or disclosure of information on our systems.

With the exception on these two employees, 1 other and management all
other employees are in a represented unit.

-tom

Tom Frey
Information Technology Operations Program Manager
Marion County
503-584-7782

>>> "Murray Paolo" <paolom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 11/30/2011 2:40:25 PM >>>
                Are there any organizations (state, county, or city) in
the state whose IS employees are considered "confidential" employees for
the sake of collective bargaining? I'd be interested in hearing from any
of you who have dealt with this issue.
Thanks,
Murray Paolo
Yamhill County

*******************
This message has been scanned for virus content by Symantec Anti-Virus,
and is believed to be clean.
Viruses are often contained in attachments - Email with specific
attachment types are automatically deleted.
If you need to receive one of these attachments contact Marion County
IT for assistance.
*******************
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1