Re: [nvda-translations] Romanian translation new contributor

  • From: James Teh <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-translations@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 13:05:58 +1000

On 19/02/2016 12:23 PM, Punga Dan wrote:

I have to reiterate my request for commit rights for the romanian locale. If someone could please grand the rights, hopefully is not a painful process.
Sorry. I thought this had already been done, but apparently not. :) I've done this now.

I have just updated the project and the commitBot has changed the contents of my (yet) unpublished version for the nvda.po.
On Friday each week, it merges in any changed strings from the NVDA repository, rather than you having to get the template and merge them yourself. Normally, you want to commit any changes pretty soon after you make them to avoid issues like this, but I realise you couldn't in this case because you didn't have commit privileges. Sorry for the inconvenience.

So I've just won the "merge manually some 1000 lines of text" prize....:(
If the merge proves to be too painful, you could revert to your own version and just override the changes committed by the bot. It'll merge in the new strings again next time it runs.

And speaking of auto-commits, I looked through the updated file and as far as I can see there are a bunch of "fuzzy" markings added to the .po without changes to the initial message.
Fuzzy means the string changed slightly, but it was close enough to another string that the merge was able to "guess" (fuzzy match) a translation. Fuzzy translations aren't used by NVDA. You should verify them and clear the fuzzy mark if they're fine. PoEdit should allow you to do this, though I don't have exact instructions; someone more experienced with PoEdit should be able to provide these.

Thanks for your work!

Jamie

--
James Teh