Re: [nvda-translations] NVDA 2012.2 release information

  • From: James Teh <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 09:06:18 +1000

Hi Aaron,

First, we're glad to have you on board.

These questions should go to the nvda-translations list, rather than to me directly. I cannot answer your questions myself, as I don't manage the automated translation workflow. I'm copying the list on this reply so someone else can answer.

On 21/05/2012 4:34 PM, Aaron Wu wrote:
Dear Jamie,
Greeting ~ nice to meet you !!
It is Aaron Wu, new developer/translator for NVDA project in Taiwan
(zh-TW). Several questions to consult with you ..
1. Base on automatic translating workflow, it mentioned that ..
"You receive an email telling you that nvda.po has been updated, and it
will tell you how many messages are untranslated, and how many are fuzzy. "
--> How can I get this updated nvda.po also telling me which strings is
going to be translated?
2. While checking out by TortoiseSVN, I found most of language
directories contain all folders including ch-diffs, ug-diffs .. etc..
BUT those files do not existed under "zh-TW" language directory, there
is nvda.po only, should I just update that po file? how about user guide
update?
Glad to have your kindly help and response since i plan to finish
translation work for 2012.2 as soon as possible , thanks !!
Best Regards,
Aaron (@Taiwan)
On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 12:10 PM, James Teh <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi all,

    The translatable string freeze for NVDA 2012.2 has now begun; i.e.
    no changes that affect translatable strings (except What's New
    entries for bug fixes) for this release are allowed. This will end
    on Friday, 8 June at 00:00 UTC (3 weeks time), after which no
    further translation updates will be accepted.

    A branch has been created for the 2012.2 release (releases/2012.2).
    All commits for 2012.2 should be made in this branch. Development of
    the next release (2012.3) will continue in the main branch.

    Release dates:
    rc1: Friday, 1 June
    Final release: Friday, 8 June
    Of course, these dates assume that there are no urgent issues which
    delay the release.

    Please see this article for more information about the release process:
    http://www.nvda-project.org/__wiki/ReleaseProcess
    <http://www.nvda-project.org/wiki/ReleaseProcess>

    Thank you to everyone who has helped to make this release possible.

    Jamie

    --
    James Teh
    Director, NV Access Limited