Re: [nvda-translations] NVDA Grants: Quick Question

  • From: "Homme, James" <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "nvda-translations@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <nvda-translations@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 16:56:58 +0000

Hi Jamie,
This is what I am thinking of. Kickstarter.com is a site that does crowd
sourcing. The project I was going to pick was the one for automated testing,
since, from my point of view, it would make the entire process of moving NVDA
forward much more efficient, no matter what other project I might pick would be
once it's done. Based on your response, I would use 75 USD per hour for one
developer. I would take what the page I know about says, and I forget, but I
think it was something like three weeks, but I'd check on that. Then I'd build
the project proposal, and see what happens. If it gets funded, they release the
money. If it fails, I tried.

One last question. Would you happen to have any grant proposals that you've
used in the past?

Thanks.

Jim

Jim Homme,
Usability Services,
Phone: 412-544-1810.
"Our doubts are traitors, And make us lose the good we oft might win, By
fearing to attempt." --William Shakespeare