Re: [nvda-translations] NVDA Grants: Quick Question

  • From: James Teh <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-translations@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 13:00:31 +1000

Hi Jim,

First, it's important to understand that any grants/contracts would be for NV Access (the non-profit company we run and work for), rather than us individually. You may be aware of this already, but I just wanted to clarify this point. What we charge includes overhead to keep everything running and which will hopefully sustain NV Access beyond individual items of work.

The amount we charge depends somewhat on the organisation involved and the nature of the agreement. To give you some idea, for a philanthropic type grant, we might charge $75 an hour, perhaps less for certain cases. For a for-profit company contracting us to do something specific, however, we might charge $150-$200 an hour, since they benefit directly from the work.

Jamie

On 16/05/2012 10:05 PM, Homme, James wrote:
Hi,

For Jamie/Mick: How much can I say that I need to fund you guys for one
hour? I am going to put together a proposal for one of the projects
listed on the page about future desires, so I want to say that you guys
work for 8 hours a day, five days a week. Does that make sense to you?

Thanks.

Jim

Jim Homme,

Usability Services,

Phone: 412-544-1810.

"Our doubts are traitors, And make us lose the good we oft might win, By
fearing to attempt." --William Shakespeare

solely for use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient,
you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or distribute this e-mail without
the author's prior permission. The views expressed in this e-mail
message do not necessarily represent the views of Highmark Inc., its
subsidiaries, or affiliates.

--
James Teh
Director, NV Access Limited