Re: [nvda-translations] NVDA 2012.2 release information

  • From: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-translations@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 07:47:46 +0100

Hi AAron,

Welcome and sorry for the delay in replying.

On 21/05/2012 4:34 PM, Aaron Wu wrote:
>It is Aaron Wu, new developer/translator for NVDA project in Taiwan
>(zh-TW).

Welcome, and glad to have another contributor.
I have cced the existing zh_TW translators, to keep them informed.
They have not been using the automatic workflow so far, but at the same time
the translation doesnt seem to be regularly maintained.
(Sorry if I am missing something).
Moving to the automatic process would help you to always stay up to date with
each other, and with the english.
I have not received any new translations for 2012.2, so I presume no work has
been done at all.

> Several questions to consult with you ..
> 1. Base on automatic translating workflow, it mentioned that ..
> "You receive an email telling you that nvda.po has been updated, and it
> will tell you how many messages are untranslated, and how many are fuzzy. "
> --> How can I get this updated nvda.po also telling me which strings is
> going to be translated?

I have added you to the notification system for zh_TW, and you should have
started receiving emails already.
I have also sent you an invitation so that you can create an account on
assembla, for svn commit access.

The stats for zh_TW/nvda.po are as follows:
type              strings
translated:     997 ( 90%)
fuzzy:           31 (  2%)
untranslated:    72 (  6%)
Total:         1100
i.e. 72+31=103 messages that need attension.

If you use nvda 2012.1 or later, and poedit, you will hear a short beep when
you navigate over untranslated or fuzzy messages.
Poedit sorts the messages to give you untranslated and fuzzy messages at the
top, so no need to go through them all.
Please see application specific shortcuts section in the english userGuide, for
poedit shortcuts.

> 2. While checking out by TortoiseSVN, I found most of language
> directories contain all folders including ch-diffs, ug-diffs .. etc..
> BUT those files do not existed under "zh-TW" language directory, there
> is nvda.po only,

I have added userGuide.t2t, changes.t2t was never localized.

> should I just update that po file? how about user guide
> update?

Yes please, start with nvda.po and if you have time you can work on the
userGuide.
When you start on the userGuide please let us know so that we can try to help
you with
the most efficient way to bring the user guide up to date.

Looking forward to your good work,

Thanks,

Mesar