[USS Vanguard] Re: [gf_co] JM Opinions

  • From: Kieran Darkwater <kierandarkwater@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncv80221@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 07:45:25 +0000 (GMT)

I'm not sure the baby posts were a problem, per se - I think the problem at
that end came because there seemed to be a core group of two or three people
that were posting about ten times faster than everyone else, and each of their
one paragraph posts didn't really go anywhere but along that single plot
line.... that said, it's sort of realistic - I recall when my wife was having
our two, and there didn't seem to be a lot else going on in the universe.

I think my problem with this joint mission has been the number of metagamers
out there - players who know something, so contrive to have their character
find it out. For a 'secret' that was revealed to a handful of CO's, it seemed
to leach through the field pretty quick. Coupled to the fact that all of these
sims seem to post faster than us (which isn't a complaint - our pace suits us,
which is why we're here and not there) it left us chasing shadows a lot of the
time.

I think, if they run something like this again, they will need to think like a
military hierarchy a bit more, and designate particular tasks to particular
crews or departments from the start, so that everyone knows where they're
coming from, and (for a while) where they're going to.

Steve