[ncolug] Re: /etc/shadow !! in password file

  • From: "M. Knisely" <charon79m@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 15:23:59 -0400

Tested and my command works properly.

I found w/out the nobody account, ESX licensing doesn't work.  Other than
that, it looks like things were working properly w/out the nobody accounts.

So, here are the commands I ran:

adduser -d / -s /bin/nologin -r -u 99 nobody
useradd -d /var/lib/nfs -s /sbin/nologin -r -u 65534 nfsnobody

I hope Google finds this and it saves people some time.

Mike