[muglo] Re: update on 7100 OS install problems

  • From: Tee Cashmore <tee.cashmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 00:42:48 -0500

> yes, thanks I will... but I need to reinstall my ram-- turns out what I
> thought were 16 meg sticks were really only 8's... I have to exchange them for
> the 16's in my Quadra.

Psst!! I have 2 - 32 meg 72 pin simms (60NS).

> I did a search on google...  the card seems to be a 290 or maybe 300 series...
> but I still cAnt nail down which.... Orange's site has the install disks that
> work with windows 95 (I need to wait till  my brother brings me w95 to see
> what date code I have-- diff downloads for diff date codes) but Orange's site
> does little to id which card i have...  all i can place it in is nubus 200 or
> 300 series (i think 200, but it would be nice to have an actual model #, or
> way to figure it out)
>
> I thought maybe I'd luck out and someone on this list or the 1st powermacs
> list would know which card it was.

I Had the same problem with Orange, they don''t seem to like giving out much
info, so I gave up trying.

> At any rate, I am now waiting for the w95cd bf i do anything with the pccard.
> The ram i'll change whenever i feel like opening the thing up (again!!!) Must
> be the 10th time, lollol (and 7100's /Q650's don;t make ram access easy at
> all-- it's under the drive cages)
> regards,
> ~Alex

TTFN,
TeeC
PS: I thought your last post was Mac related (re: MB), cos isn't a Mac user
supposed to think different????

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>