[muglo] update on 7100 OS install problems

  • From: Alex <admeddemda@xxxxxx>
  • To: Recipient List Suppressed: ;
  • Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 23:13:10 -0500

Well, I finally have OS 8.1 working smoothly on my 7100/80AV. All the
trouble I had installing 8 (and then also 9) seems to have been
caused by mismatched RAM (I didn't know it needed to be installed in
matched pairs until ppl on the 1st powermacs list pointed this out-
thanks).

I decided to stick with OS8.1 bc I only have a CD copy of OS9.0 and
have understood the 9.1 update won;t install on nubus macs. Since 9.0
is unstable, I'll stick with OS 8.1

It is working smoothly, and is faster than I anticipated it would be.
I guess the video card speeds things up considerably.

Now, one last issue I have with it is missing drivers. It has an
Orange Micro 100mhz 486 card in it, but I do not have the drivers for
the card. Does anyone have something that would work? I also find the
ports on the back of the card rather weird... seems like a pcmcia
slot... maybe I should start a new thread abt this Orange Micro
card...

any help appreciated.
regards,
~Alex