[muglo] Re: update on 7100 OS install problems

  • From: "Eric D." <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 12:27:02 -0500

on 23/3/02 23:13, Alex at admeddemda@xxxxxx wrote:

> I decided to stick with OS8.1 bc I only have a CD copy of OS9.0 and
> have understood the 9.1 update won;t install on nubus macs. Since 9.0
> is unstable, I'll stick with OS 8.1

Check out the 1st-powermacs archive for help on installing 9.1 on a 7100
without the update CD (if you're still interested). It's possible, and quite
easy from what I remember.

> Now, one last issue I have with it is missing drivers. It has an
> Orange Micro 100mhz 486 card in it, but I do not have the drivers for
> the card. Does anyone have something that would work? I also find the
> ports on the back of the card rather weird... seems like a pcmcia
> slot... maybe I should start a new thread abt this Orange Micro
> card...

Do a search on Google, or try contacting Orange Micro themselves (they still
exist).

Eric.

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>