[muglo] Re: update on 7100 OS install problems

  • From: Alex <admeddemda@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 21:39:34 -0500

>Check out the 1st-powermacs archive for help on installing 9.1 on a 7100
>without the update CD (if you're still interested). It's possible, and quite
>easy from what I remember.

yes, thanks I will... but I need to reinstall my ram-- turns out what
I thought were 16 meg sticks were really only 8's... I have to
exchange them for the 16's in my Quadra.

> > Now, one last issue I have with it is missing drivers. It has an
> > Orange Micro 100mhz 486 card in it, but I do not have the drivers for
> > the card. Does anyone have something that would work? I also find the
> > ports on the back of the card rather weird... seems like a pcmcia
> > slot... maybe I should start a new thread abt this Orange Micro
> > card...
>
>Do a search on Google, or try contacting Orange Micro themselves (they still
>exist).

I did a search on google...  the card seems to be a 290 or maybe 300
series... but I still cAnt nail down which....
Orange's site has the install disks that work with windows 95 (I need
to wait till  my brother brings me w95 to see what date code I have--
diff downloads for diff date codes)

but Orange's site does little to id which card i have...  all i can
place it in is nubus 200 or 300 series (i think 200, but it would be
nice to have an actual model #, or way to figure it out)

I thought maybe I'd luck out and someone on this list or the 1st
powermacs list would know which card it was.

At any rate, I am now waiting for the w95cd bf i do anything with the pccard.
The ram i'll change whenever i feel like opening the thing up
(again!!!) Must be the 10th time, lollol (and 7100's /Q650's don;t
make ram access easy at all-- it's under the drive cages)

regards,
~Alex

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>