[muglo] Re: Cut&paste problems & maude

  • From: "Eric D." <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 10:52:31 -0500

on 26/3/02 21:30, Alex at admeddemda@xxxxxx wrote:

> I don't really understand your point here Eric... I read  your email
> a couple times, and still dont get it... are you pro MB and
> anti-london, or anti-MAude?
> Totally OT at any rate

Yep, totally OT but I couldn't resist -- it was too good to pass up (though
I get the feeling that I stepped on Tee's toes (I'm guessing she's a good
Tory supporter ;(.

Everything kind of fell into place. London - Maude Barlow + e-mail problems
arranging for her to come to London = one big conspiracy between e-mail app
and the prevailing London attitude towards social responsibility (what a
scandal it would be if London got some more homeless... they'd be shipped
off to Toronto where they'd be someone else's problem (am I being too
cynical?<hehehehe>)).

> personally, I can hardly wait for April 3rd.... and Maude's visit...
> she is so great.

I wish I was still in London but there's no way I can make it back for April
3rd (too busy) (besides, she'll probably come to U of T :) :) :)

(Toronto may stink and may be a big city, but it kind of redeems itself in
that a whole lot of cool people end up passing through the U of T seminar
circuit (& there's a lot of opportunity to attend seminars outside of the
university too)).

PS Yes - I'm quite anti-Tory but not anti-London (it has a special place in
my heart (come to think of it, I've spent more years in London than in any
other city I've ever lived in... 5 (2+3)), and, even though I don't expect
that I'll be coming back to it anytime soon (at least 7-8 years (PhD + post
doc), but probably decades, and possibly never) I dearly miss it)

To steal my father's phrase: "Toronto is a great city out of which to get".

Anyway, take care, Eric.

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>