[muglo] Re: Epson C64 Printer Problem

  • From: Tee Cashmore <teecashmore@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 16:50:28 -0400

On 8-Oct-07, at 10:33 AM, Gerhard Kuhn wrote:

> Even if the printer is toast there should be no reason why the
> software should not install.

I have similar problems with my newer iMac & I've tried everything to
get the printer drivers to install properly. Tried "Printer Sharing"
etc., but Apple says "All-in-one" printers are not currently supported
& I wonder if the Canon software simply has some form of "after so many
installs I quit" mentality.
> All that said with entry level printers just slightly more expensive
> than the ink they ship with I doubt that I would consider paying to
> repair the printer.
>
> Just something to look at
>
> Gerhard

Heartily agree with that sentiment. All-in-one canon for $99 at Future
Shop, a Much better one with 3 colour & a black for $129. It makes no
sense, unfortunately in repairing printers.
TeeC