[mswindowsxp] Re: HD labels.

  • From: "Neil Atwood" <natwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 13:42:16 +1000

With your first one Ted, it sounds like something is using or holding onto a
file (for files) on that removable drive.
I would suggest booting into safe mode, closing down all running apps and try
then.

You can't rename folders that are part of account profiles. That's by design in
NT/2k/XP.
The simplest way is to create a new profile with the name you want and copy
everything over that to that profile... but be warned, this can get messy.

Regards

Neil Atwood - Sydney, Australia